Since our inception in 2014 HW Anderson has developed a track record as a leading oil trading headhunter as part of our broader Commodities Practice. We have been able to facilitate high profile team and individual hires across the globe. Our ability to access physical and financial oil trading talent and identify the right fit combined with our prowess in advising our clients how to incentivize future hires has ensured that firms that retain HW Anderson outperform their peers in both hiring and retaining superior performers.
Oil Trading Coverage
We have an excellent track record across the physical barrel and also in paper trading. Physically, we have placed Crude, Naphtha, LPG, Petchems, Distillates (Diesel, BioDiesel Gasoil and Jet), Gasoline (including Ethanol), Fuel and Bitumen trading floor professionals. Beyond the physical trading markets we have strong experience in paper oil trading markets. As dedicated oil trading headhunters we have thoroughly mapped out the talent in oil options and volatility trading, relative value fundamentals, directional and macro oil trading and systematic oil strategies across the US, Canada, United Kingdom and Europe.
- Oil Trading & Portfolio Management: Whether its merchant physical traders with portable strategies or financial oil focused portfolio managers placing PnL generating individuals is at the core of our focus as oil trading headhunters.
- Origination, Marketing and Business Development: The individuals that create term and structure for oil traders through buy and selling physical products, creating flexible structured transactions and investing in assets are hard to find but capable of generating massive long term value for our clients.
- Fundamental Analysis: Building supply and demand balances for the oil markets is a challenging task given the global scale and opaque nature of the business but those individuals who do so well are highly valued by our trading clients.
- Quantitative Analysis: Quant Analytics can be leveraged by physical traders and paper portfolio managers in a variety of functions. Whether its deal structuring, volatility modelling, back testing, quant risk or quant strategies we are experienced in delivering exceptional quant talent.
- Asset Optimization and LP Modelling: Individuals with strong linear programming skills are highly valued for their ability to both optimize refinery, terminal and blending assets as well as their ability to build analytic models that provide traders with a key edge in the market.
Differentiated Strategic Relationships
We are the preferred partner to a range of client types across the globe. We work with several of the largest energy trading houses as preferred supplier. We also partner with boutique product or regional focused physical trading houses. From a hedge fund perspective we work with both multi manager, macro and systematic funds with growing oil portfolios. We also partner with Midstream, Producer, Integrated Oil, Refiner, Downstream and Investment Banking clients.
OIL TRADING HIRING CHALLENGES
Solutions for Hiring Managers
We are comfortable partnering with Human Resources in structured process as well as line managers hiring directly. When organizations retain HW Anderson as their oil trading headhunter they benefit from our depth of experience in dealing with the key challenges inherent within growing an Oil business especially when venturing into a new product or region.
Despite the explosive growth of social media and networking platforms Oil trading remains one of the most secretive sectors in the Commodities industry. We help our clients reach those areas they cannot through their own network and provide the context for them to hire with confidence.
Assessing a hire from one firm type to another is challenging. The performance of a trader at a hedge fund versus a refiner is drastically different. The risk is that top performers may not be portable despite the premium required to secure them. As our clients trusted oil trading headhunter we peel back the structural advantages, performance and risk metrics to highlight those individuals most likely to transition effectively.
With a clear understand of market hierarchy and the differences in firm structure we are well placed to find both a technical and a cultural fit between our clients and the talent pool.
TIMING & INCENTIVE
TIMING & INCENTIVE
By constantly monitoring the market we are able to make sure our clients engage the talent pool at the opportune moment to make hiring optimal from a cost and business build timing perspective.
Engaging HW Anderson
For further information regarding our ability to deliver talent to your firm please get in touch.
* Required fields
Within the hyper-competitive and tight-knit trading and investment community our growth as a firm since inception has been exponential and truly organic. Every specialist HW Anderson consultant has been trained in-house and from-scratch. This ensures our methodology is original and consistent and that our culture is unique. Thanks to this growth we are positioned as a leader in Trans-Atlantic front office search. With three established offices, in the USA, UK and EU, our talented team is uniquely positioned to deliver meaningful Oil trading recruitment value for our clients into the future.