Macro Strategies Executive Search
We partner with top-tier hedge funds and asset managers in order to identify and place market leading investors. We have strong experience across a range of macro strategies, from both a discretionary and systematic standpoint. Our detailed market knowledge and rigorous research process ensures we deliver the highest quality candidates for our clients.
Our Talent Pool
As a firm, we have developed an in-depth understanding of macro approaches across FX, Fixed Income, Equities, Rates, Indices, and Commodities. Our global presence allows us to effectively deliver across both developed, and emerging market, strategies.
Discretionary Global Macro
Discretionary Global Macro
Traditional discretionary macro investing continues to offer Investors the flexibility of a cross-asset global mandate. The ability of funds to look across asset classes from both directional/unhedged and relative value mindsets means they can seek uncorrelated returns in a way most asset-specific strategies cannot. Access to both developed and emerging markets can present exceptional arbitrage opportunities, whether that be through capitalising on cross-asset spreads, or taking advantage of geographical dislocations. The detail-oriented research approach of managers in this space proves resilient and highly-profitable. The combination of fundamental and technical analytics allows managers to take a view on the market to which their discretion informs the construction of their portfolio. Our macro strategies executive search practice provides our clients unparalleled access to this talent pool.
Systematic, or quantitative macro, is an increasingly profitable area of business where funds are able to introduce systematised elements to their investment process at varying degrees. There is immense value in both a fully-systematic approach to macro, as well as strategies combining a discretionary construction with a quantitative underpinning. The increasing interest of funds in identifying hybrid profiles that can harness both elements of research is something H.W. Anderson’s Macro Strategies Executive search team has been responsive too. We continue to work with the best-in-market managers to capitalise on this area of macro.
Thematic Trend Following
Thematic Trend Following
Trend-following macro is a thematic approach that is grounded in long-and-short directional investments based on systemic factors within a given market. Often these strategies will utilise price-driven algorithms to execute or flag trades. This area of macro is very much interlinked with quantitative approaches and proves to be an area of interest for both systematic and discretionary platforms.
Buy Side Relationships
Our macro strategies executive search practice has global scope. We have a deep understanding of strategies focused on both G10 and Emerging Markets. This allows us to effectively partner with leading investment firms in order to bolster their exposure through the hiring of exceptional Investors and Analysts with proven ability.
- Multi-Manager Hedge Funds – providing talent focused on shorter-term, liquid investment strategies. Utilising both discretionary and systematic approaches to obtain an analytical edge across asset classes;
- Macro Hedge Funds – working with dedicated macro funds who have established reputations in consistently generating strong returns for investors. Utilising a range of sophisticated trend-following strategies to understand long- and short-term volatility to ensure their macro expressions prove profitable;
- Asset Managers – identifying high-performing investors who have developed well-defined risk frameworks that deliver consistent long-term returns. Primarily focus on directional thematic approaches across asset classes which can capitalise on macroeconomic movements such as monetary policy.
Our macro strategies executive search practice primarily focuses on delivering the following candidate profiles:
- Portfolio Managers responsible for the development and management of macro investment portfolios. Executing a robust investment process in order to capitalise on relevant opportunities;
- Research Analysts responsible for the identification and generation of tradable investment ideas. Assisting Portfolio Managers in their pursuit of strong returns;
- Quantitative Analysts responsible for the optimisation of trading strategies through the building of models and development of pricing tools;
- Strategists & Economists who are of particular value to discretionary strategies through their thematic research and strategic advice on portfolio construction and positioning.
Within the hyper-competitive and tight-knit trading and investment community our growth as a firm since inception has been exponential and truly organic. Every specialist HW Anderson consultant has been trained in-house and from-scratch. This ensures our methodology is original and consistent and that our culture is unique. Thanks to this growth we are positioned as a leader in Trans-Atlantic front office search. With three established offices, in the USA, UK and EU, our talented team is uniquely positioned to deliver meaningful value for our clients into the future.